Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Trying Times

















This morning was challenging for myself and the Mister.

And it was all my fault. Full disclosure.

I am currently a full-time student and I'm working about 25 hours a week. When I get home I am exhausted on so many levels. I will admit that I haven't been up to lots of games or the longer walks that the Mister loves so much.

He has been a pretty good sport about it overall, but this morning he had had enough of being ignored. There was barking and pouncing, and kamikaze kisses. All I wanted was to stretch out on the couch and veg until it was time to leave for class. All of a sudden, 10 pounds of Mister landed on my stomach and knocked the air out of me. I'm sorry to say that harsh words were said, and my sad little Mister retreated to his pile of blankets.

I felt like the world's worst doggie Mama. So I grabbed a doll and a successful game of fetch followed. It's hard to remember sometimes that even a little guy needs a certain amount of exercise to maintain his equilibrium and good spirits. And you know, I felt better and more energized after the game as well.

Thank you Mister for your forgiving nature. You are always my teacher in this regard. I am a little kinder and more patient with the world because of the gift of your unconditional love.

Now I'm off to class with a clearer conscience. And I know a certain little Mister who will be getting some extra treats and snuggles tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment